DARTMOUTH, Mass. - The Saint Joseph's College women's cross country team finished 26th with 715 points in the 5K UMass.-Dartmouth Invitational on Saturday. The SJC men placed 29th with 816 points.
THE RUNDOWN – WOMEN:
Brandeis University claimed the team title with 56 points, well ahead of runner-up Trinity College, which totaled 105 points in the annual race. The Monks were the second Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) team in the standings, as Emmanuel College finished 24th with 703 points.
Brandeis senior Emily Bryson won the 5K race with a 17:54 time and WPI junior Sydney Packard placed second with an 18:14 effort.
FOR THE MONKS:
- Sophomore Lauren Fisher (Hampton Falls, N.H.) paced the Monks and finished 87th overall with a 20:18 time
- Senior Sarah Curtin (Strafford, N.H.) placed 131st with a 20:44 performance
- Senior Lauren Lecompte (Lewiston, Maine) finished 156th with a 21:08 time
- Freshman Emma Allen (Jefferson, Maine) was 169th (21:28)
- Freshman Naomi Ingham (Alton, N.H.) placed 198th (22:05)
- First-year Alirose Beauregard (Dover, N.H.) finished 204th (22:17)
- Junior Marisa Quirion (Randolph, Maine) toured the 5K course in 22:41 minutes and finished 219th
- Freshman Julia Heroux (Albion, R.I.) was 229th (22:50)
THE RUNDOWN – MEN:
Southern New Hampshire University won the men's event with 74 points, 13 ahead of runner-up WPI. GNAC foes Suffolk University (17th), Colby-Sawyer College (21st), and Emmanuel College (28th) finished ahead of the Monks in the annual event.
Plymouth State senior Sam Brunnette claimed the individual crown with a 24:32 time, seven seconds ahead of Bridgewater State junior Trevor Wysong.
FOR THE MONKS:
- Freshman Troy Hendricks (Hiram, Maine) was the top SJC runner and finished 113th with a 27:43 time
- Freshman Jacob Huberdeau (Plaistow, N.H.) placed 152nd with a 28:40 effort
- Freshman Michael Brooks (Cape Elizabeth, Maine) was 158th with a 28:54 performance
- Junior Ben Plante (Biddeford, Maine) finished 219th (31:04)
- Sophomore Connor Rice (Old Orchard Beach, Maine) placed 223rd (31:23)
- Sophomore Michael Mason (East Bridgewater, Mass.) was 231st (31:54)
- Sophomore Brandon Whitlock (Westbrook, Maine) finished 242nd (32:36)
- Junior Jacob Boissonnault (Biddeford, Maine) placed 256th (33:24)
The Monks will compete in the Maine State Championship, hosted by Bowdoin College, next Saturday.