BANGOR, Maine – Saint Joseph's College (7-14, 3-5 GNAC) defeated Husson University (5-13, 2-0 NAC), 3-0 (25-17, 26-24, 25-13), in a non-conference women's volleyball match on Tuesday evening.
The Monks, who entered tonight's action having lost two in a row, snapped a four-game Husson winning streak with the shutout triumph.
Saint Joseph's held advantages in kills (30-18), assists (27-17), aces (7-6), digs (59-44), and total blocks (8-7) on the evening.
The Monks also benefited from a subpar hitting effort on the Eagles' behalf in the victory, as the hosts tallied 18 kills and 19 errors in 96 attempts for a negative-10 attack percentage. On the flip side, St. Joe's totaled 30 kills with 20 miscues in 116 attacks.
LEADERS – SAINT JOSEPH'S:
- Junior Kelsey Bickford (Somersworth, N.H.) posted a game-high 11 kills with seven digs
- Sophomore Erin Olson (Stoughton, Mass.) netted eight kills with an outstanding .467 attack percentage and three total blocks
- Senior Sarah Dyer (Seabrook, N.H.) notched a double-double with 14 assists and 11 digs
- Senior Jennelle Thompson (Rochester, N.H.) registered a match-high 24 digs
LEADERS – HUSSON:
- Kate Woods paced the hosts with five kills
- Hanna Hembrow notched 16 assists
- Adrienne Beatty chipped in with 22 digs
Saint Joseph's travels to Framingham State University on Thursday for a 6:00 PM non-conference matchup.