STANDISH, Maine – Saint Joseph's College (5-10) swept a non-conference women's volleyball match with 26-24, 25-21 and 25-12 set victories at the Harold Alfond Center on Saturday afternoon.
In the first set, the Monks faced a late 24-21 deficit but rallied with five unanswered points, including kills from Sarah Dyer (Seabrook, N.H.) and freshman Olivia Kent (Ellington, Conn.), to claim a 1-0 advantage.
Saint Joseph's led by as many as eight points in the second set but Sage posted a 6-2 surge to climb back into contention. The Gators cut the Monks' advantage to 22-20 after junior Megan Ryder (Broadalbin, N.Y.) delivered a service ace, but St. Joe's posted three of the last four points in the penultimate set to earn a 2-0 lead.
The Monks led for all but the opening serve in the third frame and posted a .226 attack rate en route to securing a convincing 25-12 victory.
LEADERS – SAINT JOSEPH'S:
- Junior Kelsey Bickford (Somersworth, N.H.) notched 13 kills with one error in 30 attempts for a .400 attack percentage
- Kent and sophomore Erin Olson (Stoughton, Mass.) delivered six kills apiece
- Dyer contributed five kills, 16 assists, and eight digs
- Sophomore Sophia Randall (Epping, N.H.) added 16 assists
- Senior Jennelle Thompson (Rochester, N.H.) chipped in with 21 digs and a pair of service aces
LEADERS – SAGE:
- Miranda Nethaway (Fonda, N.Y.) posted six kills, six digs, and five solo blocks
- Ryder added 13 digs
Saint Joseph's will play at New England College on Thursday at 7:00 PM.