The Official Energy Provider of Saint Joseph's College, Dead River Company is a leading energy provider in New England with over 80 years of experience in the propane and heating oil business. Trusted by home and business owners for reliable and timely deliveries and energy saving solutions, Dead River Company is committed to always being there when their customers need them. Dead River Company manages local offices throughout their service footprint in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Massachusetts. For more information, visit www.deadriver.com
STANDISH, Maine – Saint Joseph's College (5-10) swept a non-conference women's volleyball match with 26-24, 25-21 and 25-12 set victories at the Harold Alfond Center on Saturday afternoon.
In the first set, the Monks faced a late 24-21 deficit but rallied with five unanswered points, including kills from Sarah Dyer (Seabrook, N.H.) and freshman Olivia Kent (Ellington, Conn.), to claim a 1-0 advantage.
Saint Joseph's led by as many as eight points in the second set but Sage posted a 6-2 surge to climb back into contention. The Gators cut the Monks' advantage to 22-20 after junior Megan Ryder (Broadalbin, N.Y.) delivered a service ace, but St. Joe's posted three of the last four points in the penultimate set to earn a 2-0 lead.
The Monks led for all but the opening serve in the third frame and posted a .226 attack rate en route to securing a convincing 25-12 victory.
LEADERS – SAINT JOSEPH'S:
- Junior Kelsey Bickford (Somersworth, N.H.) notched 13 kills with one error in 30 attempts for a .400 attack percentage
- Kent and sophomore Erin Olson (Stoughton, Mass.) delivered six kills apiece
- Dyer contributed five kills, 16 assists, and eight digs
- Sophomore Sophia Randall (Epping, N.H.) added 16 assists
- Senior Jennelle Thompson (Rochester, N.H.) chipped in with 21 digs and a pair of service aces
LEADERS – SAGE:
- Miranda Nethaway (Fonda, N.Y.) posted six kills, six digs, and five solo blocks
- Ryder added 13 digs
Saint Joseph's will play at New England College on Thursday at 7:00 PM.