WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Saint Joseph's College (2-6, 1-0 GNAC) swept a tri-match at University of Saint Joseph on Saturday, as the Monks defeated the host Blue Jays (2-5, 0-3 GNAC) by a 3-1 (25-18, 25-17, 23-25, 25-20) score in conference action and completed the day with a 3-1 (25-12, 25-15, 23-25, 25-17) win over Mitchell College (0-5).
For first-year Head Coach Jon Roberts, the triumph over University of Saint Joseph counts as the first victory of his college coaching career.
Saint Joseph's 3, University of Saint Joseph 1
- Junior Kelsey Bickford (Somersworth, N.H.) led the way with 15 kills on 43 attempts
- Freshman Olivia Kent (Ellington, Conn.) tallied 12 kills on 37 tries with four aces
- Freshman Sarah Quinn (Dover, N.H.) notched eight kills and sophomore Erin Olson (Stoughton, Mass.) chipped in with seven kills and three total blocks
- Sophomore Sophia Randall (Epping, N.H.) registered a double-double with 22 assists and 10 digs
- Senior Sarah Dyer (Seabrook, N.H.) recorded four kills, 22 assists, seven aces, nine digs, and a pair of block assists
- Senior Jennelle Thompson (Rochester, N.H.) posted a match-high 31 digs
Saint Joseph's 3, Mitchell College 1
- Bickford recorded 21.5 points after notching a career-high 11 service aces with 10 kills – she also contributed seven digs and a block assist
- Quinn boasted 14 kills – and just three errors - on 24 attempts with an outstanding .458 attack percentage
- Kent contributed seven kills
- Randall added 21 assists, two aces, and six digs and Dyer tallied five kills, 15 assists, two aces, and seven digs
- Thompson chimed in with a match-high 20 digs
Saint Joseph's is back in action Wednesday when the Monks play host to Colby College in a 7:00 PM start.