The Official Energy Provider of Saint Joseph's College, Dead River Company is a leading energy provider in New England with over 80 years of experience in the propane and heating oil business. Trusted by home and business owners for reliable and timely deliveries and energy saving solutions, Dead River Company is committed to always being there when their customers need them. Dead River Company manages local offices throughout their service footprint in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Massachusetts. For more information, visit www.deadriver.com
STANDISH, Maine – Saint Joseph's College (9-7, 2-1 GNAC) defeated Anna Maria College (3-9, 0-3 GNAC), 3-0 (26-24, 25-15, 25-13) in Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) women's volleyball action at the Harold Alfond Center on Wednesday night.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
After a hard-fought first set, the Monks posted a .203 attack rate in the final two sets – compared to a -.014 percentage by the visitors – en route to double-digit victories and a 3-0 conference win.
LEADERS – SAINT JOSEPH'S:
- Senior Jordynne Copp (Cumberland, Maine) tied a career-high with 14 kills and posted a .385 attack rate with four errors on 26 attempts
- Sophomore Kelsey Bickford (Somersworth, N.H.) added eight kills and a pair of block solos
- Junior Jennelle Thompson (Farmington, N.H.) tallied 25 digs and two service aces
- Junior Sarah Dyer (Seabrook, N.H.) notched a double-double with 18 assists and 15 digs
- Freshman Sophia Randall (Epping, N.H.) contributed 15 assists and three digs
- Freshman Erin Olson (Stoughton, Mass.) chipped in with five kills – and no errors – on 11 attempts
LEADERS – ANNA MARIA:
- Senior Rebecca Foti (Bedford, N.H.) tallied eight kills and six digs
- Junior Sarah Lathrop (Waterford, Conn.) added five kills and seven digs
- Senior Kerri Earle (Bethel, Conn.) posted a double-double with 15 assists and 10 digs
- Junior Carolina Garcia (Springfield, Mass.) contributed 17 digs
Saint Joseph's held sizeable advantages in kills (36-19), assists (35-19), and digs (66-49).
With the win, Saint Joseph's improves to 9-2 in the history of the series with Anna Maria College. Prior to tonight, the AMCATS had defeated the Monks in each of the last two meetings, including a 3-2 GNAC Tournament victory last in Paxton, Massachusetts last fall.
Saint Joseph's will host University of Saint Joseph (Conn.) Saturday in a GNAC match slated to begin at 12:00 PM.
Saint Joseph's College is Maine's only Catholic liberal arts college, providing a supportive, personalized and career-focused education for more than 100 years. From its 474-acre campus on the shores of Sebago Lake, the College offers more than 40 undergraduate programs to a population of approximately 1,000 students. Saint Joseph's College Online provides certificates, undergraduate and advanced degrees for working adults through an online learning program. For more, visit www.sjcme.edu.