The Official Energy Provider of Saint Joseph's College, Dead River Company is a leading energy provider in New England with over 80 years of experience in the propane and heating oil business. Trusted by home and business owners for reliable and timely deliveries and energy saving solutions, Dead River Company is committed to always being there when their customers need them. Dead River Company manages local offices throughout their service footprint in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Massachusetts. For more information, visit www.deadriver.com
GORHAM, Maine - The Saint Joseph's College indoor track & field teams competed in their fifth event of the 2018-19 season on Saturday with an appearance at University of Southern Maine. The SJC men finished sixth with 26 points while the women posted a ninth-place finish with 19 points.
A pair of women's team records were broken, as freshman Dori LeMoine (Swan's Island, Maine) topped her shot-put record with a 9.97-meter effort and placed 12th overall and Alysha Smith (Jaffrey, N.H.), Kaylee Todisco (Wilmington, Mass.), Maelle Tati-Pamboy (Portland, Maine), and Lillian Bisset (Jefferson, Maine) set a new team 4x200-meter relay record with a 1:53.97 time, good for fourth overall.
THE RUNDOWN – WOMEN:
- Senior Sarah Curtin (Strafford, N.H.) was the runner-up in the 1000-meter run (3:23.33)
- Freshman Carly Jordan (Turner, Maine) finished fifth in the 1000-meter run (3:52.86)
- Sophomore Marissa Hoffman (Harwood, Vt.) placed seventh in the 200-meter dash (28.18)
- Sophomore Holly Moores (Rollinsford, N.H.) was ninth in the 1-mile run (6:05.33)
THE RUNDOWN – MEN:
- Freshman Michael Brooks (Cape Elizabeth, Maine) was third in the 1-mile run (4:46.45)
- Freshman Troy Hendricks (Hiram, Maine) finished third in the 3000-meter run (9:24.81)
- Senior Avery Liotta-Henderson (Waterbury, Conn.) placed sixth in the 600-meter run (1:38.72)
- Sophomore Connor Rice (Old Orchard Beach, Maine) finished sixth in the 1000-meter run (2:58.42)
- Junior Jacob Boissonnault (Biddeford, Maine) was seventh in the 1000-meter run (3:03.28)
- Sophomore William Blagys (Fairfield, Conn.) placed eighth in the weight throw (13.10m)
The Monks will compete at Plymouth State next Saturday.