WESTON, Mass. – Saint Joseph's College competed in the inaugural Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) Outdoor Track & Field Championships, hosted by Regis (Mass.), on Sunday. The men finished second with 170 points while the women also placed second with 150 team points.
Regis (Mass.) finished the day as GNAC Champions for both genders, as the Pride women racked up 238 points and the hosts' men's team tallied 229 points.
The Monks won five individual events and finished as the runner-up in seven competitions en route to scoring 150 team points and placing ahead of Emmanuel College (149), Lasell College (24), and Suffolk University (19).
Overall, 22 SJC athletes combined to compete in 44 track and field events with nine individuals registering at least one point in the first-ever GNAC Championship.
In all, five team records were set or broken and five individuals claimed All-Conference accolades, which were bestowed upon all athletes who won their respective events.
- Freshman Emma Belyea (Caribou, Maine) won the pole vault with a team-record 1.65-meter effort and placed second in the javelin throw (26.12m) for 18 total points
- Sophomore Marisa Quirion (Gardiner, Maine) also posted 18 points after winning the 10,000-meter run (46:07.56 – new SJC record) and finished second in the 5000-meter run (22:06.43)
- Junior Alysha Smith (Jaffrey, N.H.) won the high jump with a 1.43-meter performance and placed fifth in the 200-meter dash (28.11)
- Sophomore Lillian Bisset (Jefferson, Maine) finished first in the 100-meter hurdles (16.85)
- Freshman Meghan Glisson (Merrimack, N.H.) won the 3000-meter steeplechase with a 14:26.50 time
- Freshman Marissa Hoffman (Harwood, Vt.) placed third in the 400-meter hurdles (1:17.18) and triple jump (8.56m) events and was sixth in the long jump (4.48m) for 13 total points
- Freshman Alexa Hussey (Rochester, N.H.) was the runner-up in the high jump (1.38m)
- Freshman Cassidy Lee (Sullivan, Maine) placed second in the triple jump (8.58m)
- Junior Michaela Dann (Hiram, Maine) finished second in the pole vault (1.50m)
- Freshman Holly Moores (Rollinsford, N.H.) was third in the 5000-meter run (22:30.04)
- Freshman Elesha Pratt (Poland, Maine) placed third in the 100-meter hurdles (17.75)
- Junior Meghan Burke (Falmouth, Mass.) finished fourth in the discus throw (30.37m)
- Sophomore Breeann Sautter (Lisbon, Maine) was fourth and broke her team record with a 1:03.61 time in the 400-meter dash
- Junior Kelsey Barrett (Gardiner, Maine) finished sixth in the 100-meter hurdles (18.47) and 400-meter hurdles (1:19.40)
- Freshman Shannon O'Malley (Turner, Maine) was sixth in the 100-meter dash (13.55) and 200-meter dash (28.11) events
- Hoffman, Glisson, Britney Theroux (Woonsocket, R.I.), and Analyse Harris (Windham, Maine) raced to a runner-up finish in the 4x800-meter relay (11:40.70 – new team record)
- O'Malley, Bisset, Sautter, and Sarah Curtin (Strafford, N.H.) posted a new team record and finished third in the 4x400-meter relay (4:34.59)