GORHAM, Maine – The Saint Joseph's College indoor track & field teams kicked off the 2017-18 campaign with an appearance in the University of Southern Maine Open on Saturday afternoon. For all teams, the event was of the non-scoring variety.
THE RUNDOWN – WOMEN:
- Sophomore Marisa Quirion (Gardiner, Maine) won the 3000-Meter Run (12:42.72)
- Sophomore Lillian Bisset (Jefferson, Maine) was second in the 55-Meter Hurdles (8.98) and fifth in the 200-Meter Dash (28.03)
- Sophomore Breeann Sautter (Lisbon, Maine) placed second in the 800-Meter Run (2:45.23)
- Junior Kelsey Barrett (Gardiner, Maine) finished third in the 400-Meter Dash (1:15.05)
- Freshman Britney Theroux (Woonsocket, R.I.) placed third in the 800-Meter Run (2:49.80)
- Freshman Holly Moores (Rollinsford, N.H.) finished fourth in the 800-Meter Run (3:10.99)
- Freshman Meghan Glisson (Merrimack, N.H.) placed fifth in the 1-Mile Run (5:59.35)
- Freshman Elesha Pratt (Poland, Maine) was fifth in the High Jump (1.40m)
- Glisson, Lindsey Barrow (Granby, Conn.), Sautter, and Quirion raced to a second-place finish in the 4x800 Meter Relay (11:50.78)
THE RUNDOWN – MEN:
- Sophomore Andrew D'Ovidio (Walpole, Mass.) was the runner-up in the 600-Meter Run (1:27.06)
- Junior Alex Gutierrez (York, Maine) placed fifth in the Weight Throw (9.51m)
- Sophomore Alex Fitzgerald (Lebanon, Maine) finished fifth in the 400-Meter Dash (55.64)
- Freshman Noah Hutchinson (Southwest Harbor, Maine) placed fifth in the High Jump (1.80m)
- Michael Mason (East Bridgewater, Mass.), Jacob Boissonnault (Biddeford, Maine), Brandon Whitlock (Westbrook, Maine) and Connor Rice (Old Orchard Beach, Maine) won the 4x800 Meter Relay (9:24.51)
- D'Ovidio, Fitzgerald, T.J. Hennessey (Belmont, N.H.), and Hutchinson posted a fifth-place finish in the 4x400 Meter Relay (3:52.76)
Saint Joseph's returns to action at Bowdoin College on Saturday, January 13th.
Saint Joseph's College is Maine's only Catholic liberal arts college, providing a supportive, personalized and career-focused education for more than 100 years. From its 474-acre campus on the shores of Sebago Lake, the College offers more than 40 undergraduate programs to a population of approximately 1,000 students. Saint Joseph's College Online provides certificates, undergraduate and advanced degrees for working adults through an online learning program. For more, visit www.sjcme.edu.