BANGOR, Maine – The Saint Joseph's College swim teams suffered a pair of losses at Husson University on Friday night. Husson won the men's event, 125-80, and completed the sweep with a 165-101 triumph on the women's end.
THE RUNDOWN – WOMEN:
- Freshman Claire Baker (Bucksport, Maine) became the first SJC swimmer to compete in a diving event and won both the 1-Meter with a 148.00 score
- Freshman Alirose Beauregard (Dover, N.H.) won the 200-Free (2:08.98) and was second in the 500-Free (5:55.36) and 50-Fly (30.98)
- Junior Emily Roy (Sidney, Maine) won the 50-Back (34.01) and 200-Back (2:33.14) and finished second in the 100-IM (1:14.35)
- Junior Hailey Bouyea (Lewiston, Maine) placed second in the 1000-Free (14:56.26)
- Junior Autumn Nostrom (Lyman, Maine) was second in the 50-Free (28.84) and 200-Breast (2:59.65)
- Junior Alexis Coiley (Fort Fairfield, Maine) placed second in the 100-Free (1:02.82) and third in the 50-Free (28.94)
- Senior Julia Rowlett (Saco, Maine) finished third in the 50-Back (34.86), 100-Fly (1:26.40) and 100-Free (1:15.44) events
THE RUNDOWN – MEN:
- Freshman Ryan Watson (Bangor, Maine) won the 1000-Free (11:18.82) and 500-Free (5:31.02) events and placed second in the 100-Fly (1:08.99)
- Freshman Nathan Landry (Derry, N.H.) placed first in the 200-Free (1:58.46) and 100-Free (54.12) events and was second in the 50-Free (25.06)
- Senior Stephen Quinlan (Andover, Mass.) won the 200-Breast (2:27.48) and 100-IM (1:01.23) events and finished second in the 50-Breast (31.55)
- Freshman Joseph Nichols (Tyngsborough, Mass.) was second in the 50-Back (33.12) and 200-Back (2:36.41)
Saint Joseph's will compete at Maine Maritime Academy on Monday.