STANDISH, Maine – Saint Joseph's College posted a pair of third-place finishes in the Runnin' Monks Invitational at the SJC Cross Country Course on Saturday. The SJC women tallied 93 points while the men tied for third with 97 points.
RECAP – MEN:
Bates also won the men's 8K event with 28 points, well ahead of runner-up University of New England, which registered 75 points. Saint Joseph's and Thomas College tied with 97 points apiece while Emerson (146), Regis College (151), Maine-Presque Isle (161), and Central Maine CC (214) complete the eight-team field.
Individuals from Emmanuel College and NVU-Johnson also competed in the 8K race.
- Sophomore Troy Hendricks (Hiram, Maine) placed second with a 27:14 performance
- Sophomore Jacob Huberdeau (Plaistow, N.H.) was 20th with a 29:31 time
- Junior Michael Mason (East Bridgewater, Mass.) finished 22nd (30:11)
- Freshman Ricky Reyes (Worcester, Mass.) placed 23rd (30:29)
- Senior Jacob Boissonnault (Biddeford, Maine) raced to a 30th-place finish (31:26)
- Senior Ben Plante (Biddeford, Maine) was 34th (31:55)
- Junior Connor Rice (Old Orchard Beach, Maine) finished 35th (32:11)
RECAP – WOMEN:
Bates College nearly tallied the minimum number of points with 17 after five Bobcats were among the first six to cross the finish line, including individual winner Frieda Kickliter, who toured the 6K course in 24:53, five seconds ahead of teammate Carly Harris (24:58).
University of New England placed as the runner-up with 83 points while Emerson College (126) and Emmanuel College (128) finished behind Saint Joseph's to round out the top five teams.
Simmons University (144), Southern Maine (151), and Maine-Presque Isle (208) capped the eight-team field.
Today's event marked the first 6K women's race ever held on the SJC Cross Country Course.
- Freshman Kelsey Kennedy (Cape Elizabeth, Maine) finished ninth with a 25:47 time
- First-year Camilla Grosso (Cape Elizabeth, Maine) was 17th with a 26:48 performance
- Junior Lauren Fisher (Hampton Falls, N.H.) placed 20th (25:56)
- Sophomore Julia Heroux (Albion, R.I.) finished 21st (27:04)
- Junior Marisa Quirion (Gardiner, Maine) was 26th (27:51)
- Junior Holly Moores (Rollinsford, N.H.) placed 30th (28:02)
- Sophomore Alirose Beauregard (Dover, N.H.) finished 33rd (28:24)
Saint Joseph's will compete in the Suffolk Invitational next Saturday.