BIDDEFORD, Maine – The Saint Joseph's College men's and women's cross country teams posted fifth and seventh place finishes in the University of New England Invitational on Saturday. The men posted 193 points in the 8K race while the women registered 150 points in the 5K event.
THE RUNDOWN – MEN:
Trinity won the UNE event with 34 points, just ahead of runner-up Franklin Pierce, which finished with 41 points with sophomore Riley Fenoff who took home the individual championship after touring the course in 25:07 minutes.
FOR THE MONKS:
- Sophomore Troy Hendricks (Hiram, Maine) led Saint Joseph's with a 27:07 performance and placed 12th overall
- Junior Michael Mason (East Bridgewater, Mass.) toured the 8K course in 30:04 and was 40th overall
- Freshman Ricky Reyes (Worcester, Mass.) was 44th with a 30:22 effort
- Junior Brandon Whitlock (Westbrook, Maine) was the fourth SJC runner to cross the line and placed 47th overall with a 30:28 performance
- Senior Jacob Boissonnault (Biddeford, Maine) finished 50th overall with a 31:05 time
THE RUNDOWN – WOMEN:
Wellesley College claimed the invitational title with 27 points, well ahead of Trinity which placed a score of 58 in the 5K race, including senior Samantha Feenstra, who won the event with an 18:47 time.
FOR THE MONKS:
- Freshman Camilla Grosso (Cape Elizabeth, Maine) paced the Monks and placed 22nd overall with a 20:39 time
- Freshman Kelsey Kennedy (Cape Elizabeth, Maine) was the second SJC runner to cross the finish line and was 33rd with a 21:11 effort
- Sophomore Lauren Fisher (Hampton Falls, N.H.) placed 40th with a 21:34 performance
- Junior Holly Moores (Rollinsford, N.H.) finished 44th after touring the 5K course in 21:41
- Sophomore Julia Heroux (Albion, R.I.) rounded out the top five SJC runners with a 21:56 time and placed 51st overall
Saint Joseph's will compete in the UMass.-Dartmouth Invitational next Saturday.