STANDISH, Maine – Saint Joseph's College hosted the 2018 Runnin' Monks Invitational placed third in the men's 8K and sixth in the women's 5K at the SJC Cross Country Course on Saturday.
THE RUNDOWN – MEN:
With all five scoring runners in the top 12 overall, Colby-Sawyer College cruised to the men's title with 32 points, well ahead of runner-up Emmanuel College, which capped the day with 66 points.
Colby-Sawyer junior Peter Bakker (Barkhamsted, Conn.) claimed the individual crown after touring the 8K course in 27:52 minutes, nearly 20 seconds in front of Thomas College junior Jarrod Ottman (Merrimack, N.H.), who finished second with a 28:11 performance.
FOR THE MONKS:
- Freshman Troy Hendricks (Hiram, Maine) finished seventh with a 29:14 time
- Freshman Jacob Huberdeau (Plaistow, N.H.) placed eighth with a 29:25 effort
- First-year Michael Brooks (Cape Elizabeth, Maine) posted a 29:32 time and finished ninth
- Junior Ben Plante (Biddeford, Maine) was 26th (31:46)
- Sophomore Brandon Whitlock (Westbrook, Maine) finished 29th (31:57)
- Sophomore Michael Mason (East Bridgewater, Mass.) placed 35th (32:42)
- Sophomore Connor Rice (Old Orchard Beach, Maine) was 41st (33:23)
Saint Joseph's College alumni Joe DiSalvo '15 (19th, 31:15), Lucas Fisher '18 (47th, 34:32), Connor Dufour '17 (60th, 38:06), Andrew Caron '16 (61st, 38:30), Nick Shuckrow '17 (73rd, 42:17), and Rich Brooks '89 (78th, 49:44) all competed in the Monks' 2018 home meet.
THE RUNDOWN – WOMEN:
With the top two runners and four in the top 14 overall, Emmanuel College topped the women's field with 53 points, 25 ahead of runner-up University of Southern Maine.
Emmanuel sophomore Pearl Vercruysse (Oak Bluffs, Mass.) led the 98-runner field with a 20:21 time while her teammate, freshman Hannah Fitzpatrick (Revere, Mass.) finished second with a 20:35 performance.
FOR THE MONKS:
- Senior Lauren Lecompte (Lewiston, Maine) paced the Monks with a 21:55 time and finished 18th overall
- Freshman Lauren Fisher (Hampton Falls, N.H.) posted a 22:19 effort and placed 24th
- Freshman Emma Allen (Jefferson, Maine) was 26th with a 22:29 performance
- Freshman Julia Heroux (Albion, R.I.) placed 33rd (23:19)
- First-year Alirose Beauregard (Dover, N.H.) finished 37th (23:30)
- Junior Mackenzie Beaudoin (Fayette, Maine) was 39th (23:36)
- Junior Marisa Quirion (Gardiner, Maine) placed 41st (23:38)
SJC alumnae Jill Keimach '17 and Krissy Schelling '17 competed in the Monks' home race and placed 96th (35:26) and 97th (35:26), respectively.
Saint Joseph's will compete in the Green Mountain College Invitational next Saturday.