WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – The Saint Joseph's College men's and women's cross country teams competed in the Purple Valley Classic, hosted by Williams College, on Saturday.
The women finished 25th with 838 points in the 6K race while the men placed 26th with 841 points in the 8K event.
THE RUNDOWN – MEN:
- Senior Lucas Fisher (Strafford, N.H.) raced to a 261st place finish with a 30:23 time
- Freshman Brandon Whitlock (Westbrook, Maine) posted a 31:50 time and finished 296th overall
- Sophomore Jacob Boissonnault (Biddeford, Maine) finished 302nd (32:38)
- Sophomore Ben Plante (Windham, Maine) placed 309th (33:32)
- Sophomore Kevin McWilliams (New Milford, Conn.) was 310th (33:49)
- Freshman Connor Rice (Old Orchard Beach, Maine) finished 313th (34:14)
- First-year Michael Mason (East Bridgewater, Mass.) placed 318th (35:11)
THE RUNDOWN – WOMEN:
- Sophomore Marisa Quirion (Gardiner, Maine) placed 239th with a 27:29 performance
- Freshman Britney Theroux (West Warwick, R.I.) was 270th with a 29:48 time
- Freshman Meghan Glisson (Merrimack, N.H.) finished 272nd with a 30:32 effort
- Sophomore McKenzie Pepin (Windham, Maine) placed 279th (32:30)
- Sophomore Mackenzie Beaudoin (Fayette, Maine) was 280th (32:30)
Saint Joseph's is off until Saturday, October 7th when the team hosts the Runnin' Monks Invitational.
Saint Joseph's College is Maine's only Catholic liberal arts college, providing a supportive, personalized and career-focused education for more than 100 years. From its 474-acre campus on the shores of Sebago Lake, the College offers more than 40 undergraduate programs to a population of approximately 1,000 students. Saint Joseph's College Online provides certificates, undergraduate and advanced degrees for working adults through an online learning program. For more, visit www.sjcme.edu.