WATERVILLE, Maine – The Saint Joseph's College indoor track & field teams competed in the Thomas College Invitational at Colby College on Saturday. The women won the event with 105 points and the men finished second with 33 points.
Freshman Samantha VanDeMoere (Wilmington, Mass.) highlighted the event by winning the 400-meter dash with a program record 1:04.06 time.
THE RUNDOWN – WOMEN:
- Senior Kelsey Barrett (Gardiner, Maine) won the high jump (1.30m) and 60-meter hurdles (10.88)
- Sophomore Marissa Hoffman (Harwood, Vt.) won the long jump (4.47m), finished second in the high jump (1.25m), and was third in the 60-meter dash (8.55) and 200-meter dash (28.37)
- Freshman Samantha VanDeMoere (Wilmington, Mass.) won the 400-meter dash (1:04.06)
- Senior Alysha Smith (Jaffrey, N.H.) won the 200-meter dash (28.04) and was second in the 60-meter dash (8.38)
- Sophomore Holly Moores (Rollinsford, N.H.) won the 3000-meter run with a 12:20.10 time
- Freshman Maelle Tati-Pamboy (Portland, Maine) placed second in the long jump (4.44m)
- Freshman Dori LeMoine (Swan's Island, Maine) was second in the weight throw (10.60m) and fourth in the shot put (9.56m)
- Freshman Carly Jordan (Turner, Maine) finished second in the 800-meter run (2:54.46)
THE RUNDOWN – MEN:
- Sophomore Lance Santeusanio (North Berwick, Maine) won the high jump (1.80m)
- Sophomore Alex Fitzgerald (Lebanon, Maine) won the triple jump (12.13m)
- Sophomore William Blagys (Fairfield, Conn.) placed second in the weight throw (12.35m)
- Senior Alex Gutierrez (York, Maine) finished fifth in the shot put with a 10.57m effort, the top mark posted by an SJC thrower so far this season
Saint Joseph's will compete in the Bowdoin College Invitational next Saturday.