GORHAM, Maine - The Saint Joseph's College indoor track & field teams competed in their fifth event of the 2018-19 season on Saturday with an appearance at University of Southern Maine. The SJC men finished sixth with 26 points while the women posted a ninth-place finish with 19 points.
A pair of women's team records were broken, as freshman Dori LeMoine (Swan's Island, Maine) topped her shot-put record with a 9.97-meter effort and placed 12th overall and Alysha Smith (Jaffrey, N.H.), Kaylee Todisco (Wilmington, Mass.), Maelle Tati-Pamboy (Portland, Maine), and Lillian Bisset (Jefferson, Maine) set a new team 4x200-meter relay record with a 1:53.97 time, good for fourth overall.
THE RUNDOWN – WOMEN:
- Senior Sarah Curtin (Strafford, N.H.) was the runner-up in the 1000-meter run (3:23.33)
- Freshman Carly Jordan (Turner, Maine) finished fifth in the 1000-meter run (3:52.86)
- Sophomore Marissa Hoffman (Harwood, Vt.) placed seventh in the 200-meter dash (28.18)
- Sophomore Holly Moores (Rollinsford, N.H.) was ninth in the 1-mile run (6:05.33)
THE RUNDOWN – MEN:
- Freshman Michael Brooks (Cape Elizabeth, Maine) was third in the 1-mile run (4:46.45)
- Freshman Troy Hendricks (Hiram, Maine) finished third in the 3000-meter run (9:24.81)
- Senior Avery Liotta-Henderson (Waterbury, Conn.) placed sixth in the 600-meter run (1:38.72)
- Sophomore Connor Rice (Old Orchard Beach, Maine) finished sixth in the 1000-meter run (2:58.42)
- Junior Jacob Boissonnault (Biddeford, Maine) was seventh in the 1000-meter run (3:03.28)
- Sophomore William Blagys (Fairfield, Conn.) placed eighth in the weight throw (13.10m)
The Monks will compete at Plymouth State next Saturday.