BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Saint Joseph's College indoor track & field teams competed at Bowdoin College on Saturday. The men finished eighth with eight points while the women placed seventh with 13 points.
On the men's side, senior Marshall Berninghausen (Brasher Falls, N.Y.) highlighted the day by breaking the Monks' weight throw record with a 13.13-meter effort, which was good for seventh overall.
THE RUNDOWN – MEN:
- Sophomore Lance Santeusanio (North Berwick, Maine) was fourth in the high jump (1.85m)
- Sophomore Alex Fitzgerald (Lebanon, Maine) placed seventh in the 200-meter dash (24.67) and ninth in the long jump (5.82m)
- Sophomore Brandon Whitlock (Westbrook, Maine) finished eighth in the 1000-meter run (2:51.24)
- Sophomore Michael Mason (East Bridgewater, Mass.) was ninth in the 800-meter run (2:10.64).
Two women's team records were toppled, as freshman Samantha VanDeMoere (Thornton, N.H.) bested her own 400-meter dash record with a 1:04.80 time, good for fourth overall, and she also ran a leg – along with Sarah Curtin (Strafford, N.H.), Marissa Hoffman (Harwood, Vt.), and Meghan Glisson (Merrimack, N.H.) – for the Monks' 4x400-meter relay, set a new team mark with a 4:33.33 time and placed fourth.
THE RUNDOWN – WOMEN:
- Junior Lillian Bisset (Jefferson, Maine) was sixth in the 60-meter hurdles (10.55)
- Curtin finished seventh in the 1-mile run (5:41.74),
- Freshman Maelle Tati-Pamboy (Portland, Maine) finished seventh in the long jump (4.43m)
- VanDeMoere placed eighth in the 800-meter run (2:35.40)
- Hoffman finished eighth in the long jump (4.40m)
- Glisson was ninth in the 600-meter run (1:59.80)
- Sophomore Holly Moores (Rollinsford, N.H.) finished ninth in the 3000-meter run (12:12.83)
Saint Joseph's will compete at Bates College next Saturday.