FITCHBURG, Mass. – The Saint Joseph's College outdoor track & field teams competed in the Eric Loeschner Classic at Fitchburg State University on Saturday. The SJC women finished ninth with 24 points while the men did not score in the competition.
THE RUNDOWN – MEN:
- Sophomore Marshall Berninghausen (Brasher Falls, N.Y.) placed ninth in the Hammer Throw (39.46m – new team record) and 16th in the Javelin Throw (36.79m) and Discus Throw (30.93) events
- Freshman Jacob Boissonnault (Biddeford, Maine) was 13th in the 3000-Meter Steeplechase (12:32.77)
- Sophomore Harrison DeCotis (North Scituate, R.I.) placed 18th in the Discus Throw (30.18m) and 34th in the Shot Put (7.94m)
- Sophomore Alex Gutierrez (York, Maine) finished 21st in the Hammer Throw (24.29m), 23rd in the Javelin Throw (33.46m), 29th in the Shot Put (8.60m), and 32nd in the Discus Throw (20.71m)
- Freshman David Tuttle (Brunswick, Maine) was 24th in the Hammer Throw (22.73m), 30th in the Shot Put (8.54m), and 33rd in the Javelin Throw (21.76m)
- Freshman Andrew D'Ovidio (Walpole, Mass.) finished 27th in the 800-Meter Run (2:13.12) and 43rd in the 100-Meter Dash (12.68)
- Freshman Kevin McWilliams (New Milford, Conn.) was 31st in the 800-Meter Run (2:13.12)
- Freshman Andres Monsalve (Nashua, N.H.) finished 33rd in the Shot Put (8.10m)
- Freshman Ben Plante (Biddeford, Maine) placed 35th in the 1500-Meter Run (4:56.32)
THE RUNDOWN – WOMEN:
- Sophomore Makayla Norcross (Auburn, Maine) won the Triple Jump with a 10.18-meter performance (new team record), placed fifth in the Long Jump (4.70m – new team record), and was 21st in the 100-Meter Dash (14.47)
- Freshman Marisa Quirion (Gardiner, Maine) finished fifth in the 1500-Meter Run (5:20.49)
- Freshman Breeann Sautter (Lisbon, Maine) placed sixth in the 400-Meter Dash (1:05.84 – new team record)
- Freshman Lillian Bisset (Jefferson, Maine) was 10th in the 100-Meter Dash (13.82)
- Sophomore Kelsey Barrett (Gardiner, Maine) placed 22nd in the 100-Meter Dash (14.53)
- Sophomore Michaela Dann (Hiram, Maine) was 33rd in the Shot Put (6.44m)
- Junior Kyrie Harnden (Wilton, Maine) finished 34th in the 100-Meter Dash (15.40)
- The Monks' 4x100 Meter Relay finished sixth with a 54.70 time
The men's and women's teams split up next Saturday, when the men compete in the Maine State Championship at Bates College and the women participate in the Aloha Relays at Bowdoin College.
Saint Joseph's College is Maine's only Catholic liberal arts college, providing a supportive, personalized and career-focused education for more than 100 years. From its 474-acre campus on the shores of Sebago Lake, the College offers more than 40 undergraduate programs to a population of approximately 1,000 students. Saint Joseph's College Online provides certificates, undergraduate and advanced degrees for working adults through an online learning program. For more, visit www.sjcme.edu.