BIDDEFORD, Maine – The Saint Joseph's College swim teams competed with Husson University at University of New England in a double-dual meet on Saturday. The men posted a pair of wins, 110-84 over UNE and 105-81 versus Husson, while the women split, topping Husson by a 151-92 score and falling to UNE, 183-75.
THE RUNDOWN - MEN:
- Junior Zack Gryskwicz (Standish, Maine) won the 1000-Free (11:50.15) and finished as the runner-up in the 50-Back (30.81) and 100-Back (1:07.48)
- Freshman Joey Christian (Scarborough, Maine) finished first in the 200-Free (1:58.44) and 400-IM (5:10.47) races
- Freshman Caleb Levine (Portland, Maine) won the 500-Free (5:35.89)
- Junior Stephen Quinlan (Andover, Mass.) won the 50-Fly (27.97) and was second in the 50-Breast (33.49) and 100-Fly (1:02.62)
- Sophomore Austin Bear (Hanover, Maine) placed second in the 100-Breast (1:25.17) and third in the 50-Breast (37.46)
- Freshman Mason Scully (Sanford, Maine) won the 50-Free (24.60) and 100-Free (55.03) events and was third in the 200-Free (2:06.13)
- Gryskwicz, Quinlan, Levine, and Christian raced to a top finish in the 200-Medley Relay (1:53.53)
THE RUNDOWN – WOMEN:
- Freshman Rose Baillie (Cape Elizabeth, Maine) won the 50-Breast (34.63), 50-Free (27.07), and 100-Free (1:00.09) events
- Sophomore Alexis Coiley (Fort Fairfield, Maine) finished second in a very close 200-Free (2:13.56) and was third in the 100-Free (1:01.58)
- Sophomore Autumn Nostrom (Lyman, Maine) placed third in the 400-IM (5:56.49)
- Freshman Madison Lapierre (Dover, N.H.) was third in the 50-Free (29.32)
- Sophomore Emily Roy (Sidney, Maine) placed third in the 50-Back (33.42) and 100-Back (1:11.10)
The Monks will travel to Weston, Massachusetts on Friday for a two-day event at Regis (Mass.).
Saint Joseph's College is Maine's only Catholic liberal arts college, providing a supportive, personalized and career-focused education for more than 100 years. From its 430-acre campus on the shores of Sebago Lake, the College offers more than 40 undergraduate programs to a population of approximately 1,000 students. Saint Joseph's College Online provides certificates, undergraduate and advanced degrees for working adults through an online learning program. For more, visit www.sjcme.edu.