CHICOPEE, Mass. – The Saint Joseph's College swim teams competed at Elms College on Saturday afternoon. The women suffered a 140-108 setback while the men fell, 129-82.
THE RUNDOWN – MEN:
- Freshman Joey Christian (Scarborough, Maine) won the 800-Meter Free (10:01.39) and 400-Meter Free (4:54.57)
- Freshman Caleb Levine (Portland, Maine) placed first in the 100-Meter Fly (1:07.62) and 50-Meter Fly (30.07)
- Junior Zack Gryskwicz (Standish, Maine) was second in the 200-Meter Free (2:17.21), 50-Meter Back (35.92), and 100-Meter Back (1:16.65) races
- Junior Stephen Quinlan (Andover, Mass.) finished second in the 50-Meter Breast (37.38)
- Freshman Mason Scully (Sanford, Maine) was the runner-up in the 50-Meter Free (29.10)
- Sophomore Austin Bear (Hanover, Maine) placed second in the 100-Meter Breast (1:38.79)
- Scully, Christian, Levine, and Gryskwicz won the 200-Meter Free Relay with a 1:50.40 performance
THE RUNDOWN – WOMEN:
- Freshman Rose Baillie (Cape Elizabeth, Maine) won the 50-Meter Breast (38.64) and 100-Meter Back (1:24.04) events and finished as the runner-up in the 50-Meter Free (30.77)
- Sophomore Alexis Coiley (Fort Fairfield, Maine) placed second in the 800-Meter Free (11:05.36), 200-Meter Free (2:29.10), and 400-Meter Free (5:24.08) events
- Sophomore Emily Roy (Sidney, Maine) finished second in the 50-Meter Back (37.00) and 100-Meter Back (1:20.64)
- Junior Julia Rowlett (Saco, Maine) was second in the 100-Meter Fly (1:29.90) and 50-Meter Fly (36.96)
- Freshman Madison Lapierre (Dover, N.H.) finished second in the 100-Meter Free (1:13.46)
- Roy, Nostrom, Rowlett, and Lapierre raced to a top finish with a 2:26.60 time in the 200-Meter Medley Relay
Saint Joseph's returns to action next Saturday when the Monks compete in a double-dual with Husson at University of New England.
Saint Joseph's College is Maine's only Catholic liberal arts college, providing a supportive, personalized and career-focused education for more than 100 years. From its 430-acre campus on the shores of Sebago Lake, the College offers more than 40 undergraduate programs to a population of approximately 1,000 students. Saint Joseph's College Online provides certificates, undergraduate and advanced degrees for working adults through an online learning program. For more, visit www.sjcme.edu.