BANGOR, Maine - The Saint Joseph's College swim teams competed in a double-dual meet at Husson University on Saturday afternoon. The women came away with two wins, topping Husson by a 139-117 score and Maine Maritime Academy, 182-32. The men split the day, handling Husson, 153-36, and falling to Maine Maritime, 127-109.
THE RUNDOWN – MEN:
- Freshman Joey Christian (Scarborough, Maine) stays undefeated in the 1000 free dropping his personal best by another seven seconds with an 11:31.12 time and also won the 50-Back (30.59) and 100-Back (1:05.08) events
- Freshman Caleb Levine (Portland, Maine) won the 100-Fly with a 58.64 performance and finished second in the 500-Free (5:40.58)
- Junior Zack Gryskwicz (Standish, Maine) finished first in the 200-Free (2:00.05) and 500-Free (5:33.61) races
- Freshman Mason Scully (Sanford, Maine) placed second in the 50-Free (24.79) and 100-Free (55.95) events
- Junior Stephen Quinlan (Andover, Mass.) was second in the 100-Breast (1:14.80) and 100-IM (1:05.07) events and third in the 50-Breast (33.46)
- Christian, Scully, Madison Bodine (South China, Maine), and Gryskwicz won the 200-Free Relay with a 1:37.55 effort
"The men's team was fired up today," said Coach Felker. I was really impressed with energy they brought with every race, especially the 200 freestyle relay at the end. We are showing some really great early season speed."
THE RUNDOWN – WOMEN:
- Sophomore Alexis Coiley (Fort Fairfield, Maine) won the 1000-Free (by nearly two and a half minutes) with a 12:33.48 time and posted a 2:13.11 effort in the 200-Free, winning by over seven seconds
- Sophomore Emily Roy (Sidney, Maine) won the 50-Back (34.11) and 100-Back (1:11.54) events
- Junior Julia Rowlett (Saco, Maine) placed first in the 100-Fly (1:18.71) and was second in the 100-Back (1:13.86)
- Freshman Rose Baillie (Cape Elizabeth, Maine) topped the 50-Breast (34.46) and 50-Free (27.42) fields
- Senior Leia Berube (Brewer, Maine) finished second in the 100-Fly (1:25.87)
- Sophomore Autumn Nostrom (Lyman, Maine) notched her first win in the 50-Fly with a 34.06 time
- Baillie, Coiley, Madison Lapierre (Dover, N.H.), and Hailey Bouyea (Lewiston, Maine) won the 200 Free Relay with a 1:57.13 performance
"I think the women's team was on a mission today," adds Head Coach Jared Felker. "From start to finish every single one of them raced as hard as they could. They grabbed the momentum of Alexis Coiley's back to back wins in the 1000 and 200 free and never looked back"
Saint Joseph's College is Maine's only Catholic liberal arts college, providing a supportive, personalized and career-focused education for more than 100 years. From its 430-acre campus on the shores of Sebago Lake, the College offers more than 40 undergraduate programs to a population of approximately 1,000 students. Saint Joseph's College Online provides certificates, undergraduate and advanced degrees for working adults through an online learning program. For more, visit www.sjcme.edu.