DAVENPORT, Fla. – Moravian College (3-0) defeated Saint Joseph's College (1-2), 13-4, in a non-conference men's lacrosse game at Northeast Regional Park on Monday afternoon. The game is the first of two the Monks will play in Florida during the team's spring break trip.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
Sophomore Shane Puleo (Nashua, N.H.) and freshman Troy Bottari (Nashua, N.H.) both scored in a manner of 75 seconds midway through the third quarter to make it a 9-3 game, but the Greyhounds outscored the Monks by a 4-1 margin during the remainder of play to clinch the nine-goal triumph.
Moravian held the lead in shots (42-31) ground balls (52-22) and face-off wins (13-7) in the win.
Saint Joseph's sophomore Logan Skinner (Irving, Texas) made 13 saves with six ground balls in 45 minutes of work while freshman Michael Janocha (Southampton, Mass.) turned away a pair of shots in 15 minutes of work.
Moravian netminder Kurt Dick registered 13 saves in the victory.
LEADERS – SAINT JOSEPH'S:
- Bottari netted a pair of goals
- Sophomore Zack Hamilton (Pepperell, Mass.) posted eight shots with three ground balls
- Junior Shane Fors (Kalamazoo, Mich.) picked up five ground balls and was 7-19 on face-off attempts
LEADERS – MORAVIAN:
- Mark Laratta netted five goals with two assists and three ground balls
- Cade Siddron scored four times with a pair of assists and six ground balls
- Jack Gozzard added two goals and an assist
- Jimmy Shicke picked up a game-high eight ground balls
Saint Joseph's will face off against Wentworth Institute on Wednesday at 3:00 PM.