FARMINGTON, Maine – The Saint Joseph's College alpine ski teams completed the 2019 schedule with an appearance at Titcomb Mountain on Saturday.
THE RUNDOWN - MEN:
- Senior Eryk Bean (Londonderry, N.H.) was 20th with a combined 1:13.17 (36.53, 36.64) performance in the first race and placed 30th with a 1:18.45 (35.97, 42.48) time in the second race
- Freshman Burke Cornish (Windham, Maine) placed 24th in the opening event with a 1:17.03 (37.64, 39.39) time and was 31st in the second with a 1:18.58 (40.06, 38.52) effort
THE RUNDOWN – WOMEN:
- Senior Lexzi Summers (West Stockbridge, Mass.) placed 18th in the first race with a 1:18.92 (38.91, 40.01) time and was 17th in the second event with a 1:19.19 (39.25, 40.60) performance
- Freshman Brianna Cobb (Greenville, Maine) finished 19th in the opener with a 1:21.52 (40.44, 41.08) effort and placed 18th in the nightcap with a 1:19.85 (39.25, 40.60) collective time
- Freshman Sarah Hotchkiss (New Durham, N.H.) was 20th in the first event with a 1:23.15 (42.41, 40.74) performance and 19th in the closing set with a 1:21.49 (41.46, 40.03) effort
"The season ended on a high note with all five athletes finishing the four runs (two races) today at Titcomb Mountain," said Head Coach Margot Cosentino after the team's season finale. "They've come so far in such a short amount of time; I'm exited to see what the future holds. Some injuries set us back earlier in the season, but the team was able to fight through and perform well in the end."
"Our seniors set the tone for the season and will definitely be missed next year. Lexzi stepped up as a leader on and off the hill, as did Eryk, who led the men's team today and fought until the end of the course. I'm so proud of this team for providing the foundation for the first alpine skiing team in Saint Joseph's history."