STANDISH, ME - Monks' senior forward Ray Eatmon (Huntington, NY) has been listed on the GNAC and MMBCWA Weekly Honor Rolls for his play during the 2/8-2/14 reporting period.
Eatmon averaged 15 points, 8.5 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 1.5 blocks per game in a 1-1 conference week for the Monks. He shot 68.4% (13-19) from the field in the two games and tallied 13 points, 13 caroms and 6 assists in a victory over JWU on February 9th. Eatmon, who is closing in on the 1,000-point milestone, has received honor roll mention from each organization on two occasions this winter.
Saint Joseph's (17-6, 12-4 GNAC) is ranked third, with 30 points and one first-place vote, in the Maine Men's Basketball Coaches and Writers Association (MMBCWA) Poll for the fourth consecutive week. Colby (18-5) retains the #1 spot with 49 points and nine top votes while Bowdoin (13-11, 23 pts) and Thomas (15-7, 13 pts) close out the poll in fourth and fifth, respectively. UNE and University of Maine-Fort Kent also received votes in this week's poll, which is voted on by the head coaches of Maine's NCAA DIII and NAIA programs.
- Rashon Jones '11 (Bridgeport, CT) leads the state in blocked shots (1.9 BPG) and ranks 5th in FT% (75.4%, 46-61), 8th in FG% (54.5%, 67-123), 13th in assists (2.6 APG) and 14th in rebounding (6.3 RPG).
- Eatmon is 2nd in blocks (1.6 BPG), 3rd in FG% (58.9%, 99-168), 4th in assists (3.7 APG) and 6th in rebounding (8.3 RPG).
- Zach O'Brien '12 (Schenectady, NY) is 3rd in assists (4.0 APG), 6th in FT% (74.1%, 63-85) and 10th in scoring (14.8 PPG).
- Chris Petzy '12 (Kensington, NH) ranks 3rd in 3FG% (42.4%, 36-85) and 14th in scoring (13.7 PPG).
- Tyler Kelley '11 (Saco, ME) is 6th in 3FG% (40.4%, 42-104) and 13th in scoring (13.8 PPG).
- Alberto Rue '10 (Jamaica Plain, MA) ranks 10th in FT% (72.6%, 45-62).
Saint Joseph's will host Rivier College (8-15, 5-11 GNAC) tonight at 7:00 PM and will close out the regular season against Mount Ida College (15-8, 10-6 GNAC) on Saturday at 1:00 PM.